Empowering Children Through Baseball
At MS Sports Little Rookies, we believe in the power of baseball to positively impact children and support their physical and personal development. Beyond establishing a foundation for proper baseball techniques, our youth baseball program is designed to help children build self-confidence, embrace teamwork, develop sportsmanship and learn the importance of physical activity, all while having fun!
Baseball is all about fun! There’s nothing like seeing a child get a big hit, learn how to throw, or slide into a base. Our action-packed program keeps kids moving through our skills stations to learn and develop with our upbeat coaching staff.
Fitness & Child Development
- We shape future athletes by building athletic skills and teaching the importance of physical fitness.
- We encourage physical activity through agility, coordination and balance.
- We empower social development through teamwork, cooperation and leadership.
- We support emotional development by building confidence through optimism and encouragement.
- Youth Fitness Expert, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, TPI Junior 2 Certified, Coalition For Launching Active Youth Advisory Board
We are the first step in a child’s journey through the sport of baseball and it’s our goal to teach fundamental baseball skills in a fun, non-competitive environment. We teach the proper baseball techniques for throwing, catching, hitting, fielding and baserunning. We teach the skills that will last a lifetime creating a foundation for success with baseball at the next level.
It all started with a vision - to create a better youth baseball program that empowers child development, shapes future athletes, and brings baseball to young children across the country. To focus on the physical development, proper training and fundamentals of the sport, and teach important life skills that children would take with them beyond the baseball diamond.
Michael and Shannon Sperlinga started MS Sports Little Rookies to bring this vision to life.
Michael Sperlinga, a former competitive baseball player and successful finance executive, brings 26 years of leadership and business expertise to Little Rookies. He is a successful entrepreneur and has grown multiple businesses during his career. Mike shares his love for baseball with his wife, Shannon, and their children.
Shannon Sperlinga is a visionary for Little Rookies. As a mother of three young baseball-loving boys, Shannon understands first-hand the importance of organized physical activity and the impact that sports can have on children's physical, social and emotional development. Her experience with the early introduction of her boys to baseball has motivated her to bring organized programming to more communities.
Michael and Shannon worked with Coach Milo Bryant, a global leader in youth athletic development who’s traveled the world with several Olympic committees, in developing the programming for Little Rookies, incorporating physical development and baseball skills.
MS Sports Little Rookies aims to fight childhood obesity and encourage physical fitness at a young age, while providing the tools and proper training for children who’d like to pursue the sport competitively. The program goes beyond teaching baseball fundamentals by strategically incorporating exercises that develop important life skills like cooperation, how to handle adversity, goal setting, and social skills.
We want baseball, America’s sport, to thrive for years to come! Our goal is to bring Little Rookies programs to baseball fields, indoor baseball facilities, gyms, and pre-schools across the country, inspiring a generation of future athletes and baseball players!
We've grown our leadership team to drive our growth - a passionate group committed to bringing baseball to children across the country:
- Michael Sperlinga - Founder & CEO
- Former competitive baseball player, finance executive and entrepreneur
- Shannon Sperlinga - Co-Founder
- Visionary for Little Rookies and mother of three young baseball-loving boys
- Aaron Cuker - Brand & Marketing
- Aaron Cuker is a former Olympic Trial Swimmer and internationally recognized leader in digital marketing. He leads brand, marketing, and technology for Little Rookies.
- Megan Faulkner - Head of Finance & HR
- Megan Faulkner is a mom of three sports-loving children. Growing up, she participated in sports herself where she eventually had the honor of playing soccer professionally for the US Soccer Team. She has a long history in finance as a Price Waterhouse Cooper Partner and now has become Chief Financial Officer at Little Rookies.
- Ivan Orozco - Director of Experience & Head Coach
- Coach Ivan has worked in developing young athletes nationally and internationally for more than a decade, learning from the best youth coaches on the planet. He is certified through some of the top Long Term Athletic Development (LTAD) associations, through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) amid other certifications.